I’m a thoroughly practiced writer and editor with a strong background in games of all kinds. Though I used to work in literary and academic fiction and non-fiction, I’ve spent the past few years writing critique and commentary about games – video games, tabletop games, and more. I’ve been in jobs from editor-in-chief of a literary journal to senior editor of a videogames website, but nowadays I do freelance work across a variety of subjects. I’m available for writing, editing, development, consultation, and critique in the games space – and elsewise.
If you’re curious, here’s some of what I’ve gotten up to recently:
- Video Game Review: Planet Coaster on Zam
- A preview of upcoming Pandemic-esque PC Game Quarantine
- RPG Review: World Wide Wrestling on Shut Up & Sit Down
- Some colleagues and I recently started crowdfunded RPG content studio Gorgon Breath Games for when we’re full and fit to burst with game ideas. Our goal is to give away everything we make for free, one day.
- I copy-edited Autarch LLC‘s pike-and-shot mass combat supplement Guns of War. They liked that work enough that I’m now development-to-release editing their upcoming Barbarian, Conqueror, King sourcebook.
- I’ll be consulting and doing rules editing for Passion Project Studios‘ upcoming second edition of Super Fantasy Rumble.
- A goofy list of collective nouns for Pokemon.
- A beginner’s guide to RimWorld
- A retrospective on a forgotten, deeply ambitious 1990s shooter mod – Hexen II: Siege
Game Reviews & Previews
- RPG Review: Storm King’s Thunder on Critical-Hits
- Video Game Review: Clockwork Empires on Zam
- Video Game Review: Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man on Zam
- Video Game Review: Seasons After Fall on Zam
- Board Game Review: Orleans on Shut Up & Sit Down
- Video Game Review: Hearts of Iron IV on Zam
- Video Game Review: Total War: Warhammer on Zam
- Video Game Preview: LawBreakers on Zam
And, as always, I tweet more than I should.